Officially open the door to my inner world....

About Me

My photo
A chubby gal who bakes cakes,took pictures, gardening, crafting to train her patience.So what is the relationship between crafting and patience?Is crafts that build up her patience or is it initially she has the patience to do crafting?

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Chocolate Terrine

My boss bought me an Easy Baking cake cookbook during his last trip. Went through most of the recipes and types of baking, it indeed looks simple. So my 1st assignment from that book is Chocolate terrine. The velvety texture from the picture shown attracts me the most!!

The first attempt in baking the cake already got me wasted with 400g of chocolate..But not to give up..I melted another 400g of chocolate and continue with the process...Not so lucky, because I misunderstand the term used in the book..Bain Marie...Instead of steam-baking the cake, I bake it straight away...When done, I took the first bite and it was super sweet so I left it on the table till the next day, Try again.. not that sweet compare to last night...
So, I cut all the cake and share it with my colleuges and friends..do not waste food.... to my surprise.. They all like the cake!!!

2 days later, I try again baking the cake, remembering the mistakes I made from previous attempt..Took me nearly 1hour 45 minutes instead of 1 hour 15 minutes.. may be my oven is too old!!hahah.. And.. tadaa...I love the cake but still I need to improve on its appearance....May be because I used dark chocolate instead of plain chocolate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment