Officially open the door to my inner world....

About Me

My photo
A chubby gal who bakes cakes,took pictures, gardening, crafting to train her patience.So what is the relationship between crafting and patience?Is crafts that build up her patience or is it initially she has the patience to do crafting?

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Cocktail Cheesecake

The first cheesecake that I learnt to bake many years ago...and it is still a hit in the family.. I used Hobnobs and Digestives as my cake base and layer.. I personally prefer two layers because I love Digestives and at the same time, the biscuits are able to slightly balance off the thick cheese!!

Cocktail Cheesecake

This time I baked a big one weighing nearly 2.5kg!! I did not put too much gelatine in it coz I could not stand the beefy smell of the gelatine!! Should look for alternative gelatine and my colleuge suggested me to use the jelly powder!! A good way though...
Even I said I did not add much gelatine in it... that doesn't mean this cheesecake can't hold it shape...but still if you leave it outside the refrigerator for quite sometime, it will slightly like melting... Most chilled cheesecakes are like that!! Unless you put lots of gelatine and the texture of creaminess is lost!!
Left in the room for about 15minutes.....
As for most of my chilled cheesecake, the texture is more to creamy and soft...not to that point of dripping cream!! As you can see, if you want your chilled cheesecake to be harder.. you add more gelatine...less gelatine will be more creamy...it actually depends on individual likes!!
For my cheesecake, if you take it out from the refrigerator, it is presentable and texture is fine!!! who is going to eat warm cheesecake???hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment