Officially open the door to my inner world....

About Me

My photo
A chubby gal who bakes cakes,took pictures, gardening, crafting to train her patience.So what is the relationship between crafting and patience?Is crafts that build up her patience or is it initially she has the patience to do crafting?

Search This Blog

Friday, October 9, 2009

Blackforest Cake

Last September, I thought of baking other types of cakes apart from my usual cheesecake..as my budget was tight due to buying cheese and I couldn't find any sponsor for my cheese supply..hehe

So, as I surf the internet, I came across Blackforest cake..so..survey and survey...recipe is not that difficult..so decision made...Blackforest Cake... No cheese...

So I baked one for my younger sister's Birthday, it looks fine with me.. taste good..no cheese, fresh cream and I use Black cherries for the filling. Well...No fresh black cherries in Brunei, if you lucky to find some, it would be super expensive!!! Ever bought some frozen cherries but I don't like the texture.... Anyway, this was my first attempt...

After posting it up on facebook....not to show off.. but is to share...someone ordered a blackforest cake but with the following changes made to the cake

1. Would not like to have too much fresh cream and want to have it with lots of cream cheese.
2. Would not like a biscuit base despite my advice and want to have sponge cake and sandwich it with the cream cheese and the cherries.
3. Would like some of the cherries juice ( syrup) to be absorbed onto the sponge cake.

Sounds like a customize blackforest cheesecake yeah... I did mentioned to him that the cake would taste better with the biscuit base but he insist to have done it that (his) way.. Okie fine with me.. and this was one of my mistakes!!! I should have to be more persistant in my style of baking and not customize for people.

I was satisfied with the 'looks' of the cake but he commented my deco for the cake as 6/10. ...he said he ate a small slice and for the taste wise was so so and he was surprised that the cake looks grey colour.. which was impossible.. and he said he was disappointed with the taste and my skills!!!! So.. whose fault was this? It must have been me who was not persistent enuough????!!! and guess what!! This was not the worst!!! The next day, he messaged me and questioned whether I used clean knife to cut the cake as he was being diagnosed with severe food poisoning and was given a shot on his tummy.. as his doctor would like to trace the source why he got food poisoning (I wonder which doc he went to!!!)..is it whether the curry he ate for lunch??during his tea time?? or that tiny slice of my cake??

Of course, I was not happy with his suspicious on my cake but at the same time i felt bad too if it was my cake!!! and he told me he had dumped the cake into the dustbin just for safety!!!! Till today,I still got that terrible feeling, unhappy, angry, suspicious... that my confidence in baking, my time, my dedication was dumped into the bin just like that!!!! I still start to wonder and suspect whether he did that for purpose or whatsoever after I heard so many comments about him..hmmmm...all I can said was I really get a big blow on my confidence and slap on my face and I guess..that will be the last cake he will got from me!!!! What got on my nerve more was that, the second message he sent was he hoped that his first message did not spoiled my holiday mood!!! What The H***????
A month later, which was last week, one of my friend would like to order a Blackforest cake with me and no cheese so it should have been something that look like my sister's cake.. so I baked one yesterday to try out again.. and voila.. this time I did not really do much deco, as it was self consume and I let some of my students to try it! Kids never lie isn't it??? They loved cakes and it they did come back for second slice...that's mean they love the cake!!! So I made them as my food critics.. and taaadaaaa.. all came back for second slice and within 15 minutes i only left a quarter of the 8 inches wide and 3 layer high cake for my sister to try!!!!

My sister's Birthday Blackforest Cake

My sister's Birthday Blackforest Cake - 1st Attempt

The 'Failed' Blackforest Cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment