Officially open the door to my inner world....

About Me

My photo
A chubby gal who bakes cakes,took pictures, gardening, crafting to train her patience.So what is the relationship between crafting and patience?Is crafts that build up her patience or is it initially she has the patience to do crafting?

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Japanese Light Cheesecake

Many many years ago, everytime I went to Miri , I will sure drop by the BubbleTea counter at the groundfloor at Boulevard to buy cheesecake!! Usually I will buy 5 slices..and ate 2 slices at a time and saved the remaining for the next time...not really that willingly to share with my brother and sister!! selfish huh!!! I had always wonder why the cheesecake is light, spongy and it was like moisture locked in the cake!!

Last July, I ordered a baked cheesecake from Sheraton, it was baked, creamy, cheesy and spongy, but does not lure me to second slice!! should had been too cheesy! Then there was someone who asked me to learn to bake sakura cheesecake! well.. I have no idea what type of cheesecake was that.. Then he said, it is a very light cheesecake,spongy and you won't had enough with a slice.....POP....remind me of the Boulevard cheesecake...
There.. he said it was easy to bake as he baked before and will give me the recipe..okie...but until today....after 6 months.. I still haven't got the recipe...Then Madam Teo.. here she come again asked me to bake a light cheesecake..super easy with no flour needed...as she failed the baking process...So.. checked and ready with the recipe.....taaadaaaa.. I failed also.... then online and surf and survey people's blog.. internet...website... light cheesecake....downloaded 5 versions....studied...and yay yay.. after at three attempts...my light cheesecake finally got a height!!!

First attempt...my light cheesecake only half inch tall..kahsian...2nd time..put in some expresso to bake a mocha flavour...an inch tall....better ..got improvement..but what is the problem???Try again.. can't believe I can't baked it.. but it do need some courage and budget and time....
At last....it look normal....but got bit 'abnormal' inside but height is ok... So.. I realise that, the eggs you used must be FRESH!!! better directly from the chicken a**..hahah
Then I wonder why some used milk, some used cream.. so try out again.. conclusion is.. if use milk, the cake is lighter..if use cream..the cake is more creamy and denser....
I baked one last night and bring to workplace to get some 'food critics'...most of them commented good and nice, one commented that I could make it more moist..okie noted...and there were two who said it was butter cake!!!! Must be seldom eat cakes!!!should have bake butter and cheesecake and let them to see and compare....Very big difference ah.... The most obvious difference is the smell ..butter cake.. very strong butter smell... my cheesecake.. cheese smell.. texture wise is different already...
Mocha Light Cheesecake
My Japanese Light Cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment