Officially open the door to my inner world....

About Me

My photo
A chubby gal who bakes cakes,took pictures, gardening, crafting to train her patience.So what is the relationship between crafting and patience?Is crafts that build up her patience or is it initially she has the patience to do crafting?

Search This Blog

Monday, October 5, 2009

My Carrot Cake

The initial purpose for me to setting this blog is to share with my friends the cakes that i baked before and also some nice photos that i had taken...but it seem like i got a little bit carried away and posted up about my daily life instead.....

We got a meeting just now and as usual you will expecting some people dozing off, chatting with their friends, escaping and blahh blahh...so I had given my colleueges my blogspot address and got them to explore and waahh lahhh.. they log in to my blog and check instantly!!!! Of course.. I am still new to blogging ....so do check up regularly for cakes recipe and do feel free to leave your comment...and also THANK YOU for visiting my blog...

Finally, as promised to many of them..the first cake recipe i wanna share with you all is Carrot cake. The first time i tasted carrot cake is not from those well known bakery like Bakerly, Mum, Secret Recipe...But is from Caroline...Got the first slice of carrot cake baked by her and then second slice from Madam Teo...then they told me... 'You can try to bake the carrot cake.. It is so easy to bake..'.. But then...as weekend..I don't have the chance to get the recipe from them so I surf the internet to get the recipe.... Saw quite a number of carrot cake recipe and finally I settle one recipe from videojug..

The first attempt of my carrot cake was okie but colours look quite different from Caroline and Madam Teo.. mine was much much lighter.. then try second attempt...too much raisins and little walnut...third attempt was improving but someone .. I repeat one out of 15 people (taster )complained and commented "Your carrot cake is too oily!! Carrot cake is suppose to be moist and not oily!!" So I wasn't sure this comment is valid or not!!

Of course, each time i baked this carrot cake, I will modify the original recipe I got..so is not consider plaglarism right ...hahah...as I don't like too sweet so I reduce the sugar quite a bit...

I did not put any cheese frosting to my carrot cake as i wouldn't like it to be kept in the fridge but if you want to have the frosting, just follow the recipe...Have fun trying!!!



From The Secret Recipe
From My Kitchen

(adapted from http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-make-carrot-cake) -By Alison May
Ingredients
180 g self raising flour
350 g caster sugar ( I used only 250g )
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon ( I used 3 tsp coz i like the cinnamon aroma)
3 eggs
220 g grated raw carrot ( I used more carrot!!)
¼ tsp salt
300 ml sunflower oil

for the frosting:

180 g cream cheese
180 g melted butter
220 g icing sugar
½ tsp vanilla essence

1. Heat your oven to 180C. Grease and line a 25cm round cake tin.
2. Combine the dry ingredients. Sieve together 175g self-raising flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 3 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
3. Mixture - Put 300ml oil in a large bowl and beat with 350g the sugar. Beat in 3 eggs one at a time, then fold in the dry ingredients and stir in 225g grated carrot.
4. Bake -Place the mixture in the tin, level off the top, and bake for 45 mins. Use the skewer to check whether it is done or not!! When it's done, take the cake out of the oven and cool in the tin for 5 mins. Then remove from the tin to cool on a wire rack.
5. Icing - While the cake is cooling, beat together the 175g cream cheese and 175g butter and add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence. Gradually add 225g sieved icing sugar until the mixture is stiff but spreadable.
6. Finish -When the cake is cool, split it in half horizontally and use the icing to sandwich it back together and cover the top.


For my carrot cake, I have added in raisins(50g) and chopped walnuts (150g). If you plan to add in banana, it smell and taste nice also!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment