Officially open the door to my inner world....

About Me

My photo
A chubby gal who bakes cakes,took pictures, gardening, crafting to train her patience.So what is the relationship between crafting and patience?Is crafts that build up her patience or is it initially she has the patience to do crafting?

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Almonds Devil's Food

I always have some problems when baking chocolate cake using any recipe from the internet..it is either too dry or hard and it does not taste to my expectations!! Is it because of the recipe or is it because of the way i melt my chocolate???

Almonds Devil's Food

Anyway, I have always been very supporting and love Betty Crocker ready mix flour! Believe me, I can never make mistakes with the flour, the cake or anyting!! I had tried all the different flavours ready mix flour, many different brands...and my conclusion is ..All types of Betty Crocker ready mix flours are wonderful!!! The taste is just wonderful, not sweet at all and the texture is perfect!! I just love Betty Crocker!! But....It is very hard to get the ready mix flour in Supa save nowadays!! Got to depend on your luck!!!

Perfect Moisture texture

I borrowed a cookbook from the library yesterday and came across this butter icing...thought of may be I can give it a try on my cupcakes. To make Vanilla Butter icing, all you need is 200g of sifted icing sugar, 60g of butter and 2 tablespoon of boiling water and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essense and colours of your choice. All you need to do is mix everything together and then put the colours you like and then into the piping bag and deco!!


Trying out with the vanilla butter icing - Result: I don't like it at all!!!

I tested the vanilla butter icing..OMGoosshh... it is so sweet!! Put into the piping bag and try out on my cup cakes!! It look awful...okie I admit my drawing skills but the butter icing looks like it is melting and the texture does not seem normal to me....it look a bit disgust to me ..hahahah.. so in the end..I wiped off all the butter icing on my cupcakes!! And when it comes to washing...Eeewww.. my hands were very oily and smell of butter.....eeewww.. I just don't like it..hence..very rare there will be a second chance I will this vanilla butter icing on my cake.... May be I will use cream frosting or chocolate ganache instead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment