Officially open the door to my inner world....

About Me

My photo
A chubby gal who bakes cakes,took pictures, gardening, crafting to train her patience.So what is the relationship between crafting and patience?Is crafts that build up her patience or is it initially she has the patience to do crafting?

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Formal Dinner @ Convention Centre + Raya Open House

Went to the International Convention Centre to attend the 60th Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Republic of China last night with my mum and sis...
The Dress code for the night function was lounge suit or national dress...so I assumed this was a very formal function and I had linmited experience in attending such function before.. As i don't have any lounge suit, I wore my national dress, which was Baju Kurung.. Coz.. I was sure there will be someone who wore baju kurung as well...
As we arrived... I was shock to see there were so many people wearing evening dress with all those blings blings..Some even wear t-shirts and I spotted a girl who wore shorts!!! My gosh.!! Then I started to feel weird as me and my sis were wearing baju kurung!!! I had no ideas that shorts and T-shirts are considered as national dress!!!

I personally felt that these 'people' have no respects to the ceremony nor they actually never understand what is meant by dress code!! There were ministers, ambassedor, digniteries..imagine how they viewed as these people??? Never attend formal function before!!!

On the other hand, the ceremony started at 730pm and finished at 9pm..all the time. .. there were only one big round table with 4 chairs for the VIPs ... the rest were standing around the small table... the food served were delicious and uncountable choices!!!

I couldn't stand that long and by 845pm... I went out with my sis to sit at the sofas outside the hall and at teh same time took some snapshots on those lovely fresh flowers!!! The fresh flowers were really beautiful and they do smell fresh and nice!! I really wish to have a small bouquet of the roses..hahah...

Before we leave the ceremony, all guests were given souvenier and each bag the contents were different!!! Me, My mum and sis.. three of us got different cds about China and 3 set of the China pouch!!!! How generous are they... Thank you.....

I reach home at around 1030pm and this morning when I opened my eyes.. It was 645am!!!!! and I got to be at school at 7am!!!! My gosh.... I overslept and no one woke me up!!!!!
After work.. I went to my colleueges' raya open house from 130pm till 430pm.. only four house and i Got to surrender at the 3rd house.... can't take in anymore food.. and till now.. I am still full...Quite envious the others that they actually can still eat at all four houses!!!!hahaha...Really steady....

No comments:

Post a Comment